Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Miscellaneous weekend stuff

Went to the cottage for the weekend.  M&M took a friend.  Can someone please tell me what is wrong with teenagers nowadays?  If we would have gone to the beach for the weekend when we were kids, we would have been down to the beach before our Dad got the car in park.  Kids nowadays?  Nah!  They'd rather sit in the house, listen to their iPods and turn the TV on.  Now don't get me wrong, I took the laptop with me but not to the exclusion of outdoor activities. 

Even got the old man down to the beach.  Sat down there for a couple hours yesterday and we each got some color and had some fries.  God, I love those fries.  By the time the girls dragged themselves out of the house the sun was gone.

Salt, vinegar and ketchup!

Finally walked out for dinner after owning the joint for the last 3 years.  Took a nice little stroll down to the South Coast and enjoyed some wings and a Crystal Beach cheese steak.  (with chicken instead of beef!)  Actually had a fire when we got back and the girls went down to the beach again.  But after all that activity we were in bed by 10pm.  Can you say LOSERS?



Loganberry

Got my garbage picked bed all finished and set up in the spare room, but the pillow top mattress is so high, it takes away from the bed.  It still is beautiful though, but I wish I would have shabbied it up a little more.  Maybe the next trip.


Back to reality today - packing, unpacking, watering and discovering the deer came right up to our front door and ate my beautiful potato vine I had growing out of an old milk container.  Guess that's going to have to get moved to the back yard.


Two more days off and tomorrow's agenda - CLEANING THE GARAGE!  After that, let's see if I can get some of my stuff listed on Craigslist so I can make room for more stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment