Sunday, January 2, 2011

Niagara Falls

We live so close to one of the wonders of the world, yet we take it for granted.  Why do we never visit on a sunny day in the summer?  Yet, winter always seems to drag me to the falls.  And always on the grayest day of the year.  Yet, it is still magnificent.  And the urge to try out my new 50mm lens was just so tempting.  The focusing takes a little getting used to, one little sway after you've focused and you lose that sharpness.  But, here we go ...



I think I smell a Christmas card photo!

7 comments:

  1. Oh I love your photos. They are amazing. I have always wanted to go to Niagra Falls. This makes me want to go even more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great photos! I've never been to Niagra although we used to visit Saratoga Springs often. Of course I haven't visited any of the attractions in our area either!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures. I haven't been there since I was a kid. Definitely on my list of places I want to get back to soon.

    Kelly

    My Blog: Mytimepassages.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you take those fall pics?? Those are beautiful!! I want to go to the falls someday.

    Thanks for the follow and stopping by my blog btw!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pictures! I hope to see the falls some day. It looks like you had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH! You live right near my brother and SIL!!! You guys are neighbors!!!! No really, my brother in the yellow shirt on my blog, he lives in Buffalo!

    Very nice on the photos and funny picture!

    ReplyDelete