Thursday, November 11, 2010

Am I a total dork? (AKA - would you even consider this wallpaper border?)

My husband plans on finally re-doing the "rec" room in our basement.  (I know, I'm showing my age here!)  For the past 15 years it has been black on the bottom of the walls, white on the top with an animal print border going down the middle.

Well, when my darling daughter broke her ankle I noticed a beautiful color combination at the orthopedic surgeon's office.  A beautiful shade of turqoise with tan on the bottom of the walls..  So, in typical Ann fashion, I ran over to Lowe's and got myself a boatload of paint chips.  Imagine the look on my daughter's face when I pulled the whole fistful of paint chips out while she was getting her cast off and held them up against the wall there!  As I eliminatd them one by one, I decided on a beautiful shade of Valspar Paint called Turquoise Sea.  I'm still undecided on the tan.  Wasn't sure I could get Nick to jump on board until he took his father to the Neuroligist (sensing a theme here?) and saw a similar color combination and liked it.

My big question, however, is do I really want to put this wallpaper border up?  I absolutely love it and the room in the basement is just for fun.  So, I figure - what the heck? 



Is this one of the funnest things you ever saw?

No comments:

Post a Comment