Sunday, October 10, 2010

I am the Queen of unfinished projects

When I go into our spare bedroom, they mock me as I try to find something.  That half finished wine cork wreath, vintage handkerchiefs waiting to be framed, stacks of material and scrapbook paper.

Why do I do it?  Why can't I be likeNick and finish one project before moving on to the next one?  I like to think that's how creative people are.

Here's why ... Is there anything more inspiring than rows of cotton material waiting to be made into a quilt or new curtains for our bedroom?  Thought about that one as I was laying in bed this morning trying to ignore the cat who was pawing at me to get up.


Or a pattern waiting to be made into a Halloween Costume?  (Or in my case, a disco dress - think next High School reunion! - what the hell, I'm planning it.)


So, I decided to do something.  Got out the starch and the vintage hankies and ironed and starched and ironed and starched some more, and this is the best I could do.  No wonder the woman in Crystal Beach had someone frame them for her.  Oh well, they'll look cute hanging over our bed.  Still have 4 more to go!  Aren't the ones with the purple in them beautiful?  Finally bought something at Miss Josie's Antiques after longingly looking through their windows every time I get my hair cut.




No comments:

Post a Comment